Sunday, September 30, 2007

Its Fall!

Its officially Florida fall because there is a cool breeze blowing and we've opened all of our windows to enjoy it. After my big belly, sweaty summer I'm feeling this weather change profoundly. Its actually not cool enough to have the windows open AND do anything so I'm taking this opportunity to lay around catching up on my favorite radio program, Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me while Kent cusses under his breath and cleans house. (Yes, ladies, my husband cleans house while I lay on my bed listening to his Ipod. AND he's making me sushi for dinner tonight. AND he's a sexy beast. Fair warning, though: my pregnancy hormones are in such an advanced state that if you look at his ass, I'll pop your head off using just my thumbs.)

I probably shouldn't end this entry with such a silly threat. I mean, I'm a six foot, 200+ pound pregnant woman. My ability to respond to familial threats with the ferocity of a rhino should be kind of apparent, right? Its like crossing the street or parking lot. I don't worry anymore about how fast I waddle into Publix. There's no excuse for a car to hit me.
"Um, I didn't see her!"
"You didn't see the 6 foot, 200+ pound pregnant woman waddling across the parking lot? Turn around so I can get the handcuffs on you."

I should, instead, write about celebrating Tallulah's birthday yesterday and how cute she was, including a charming anecdote about how she got so excited when we were singing 'Happy Birthday' to her that she turned to me and hugged me-- like she just had to do SOMETHING with her excitement level. Or how she said her favorite part of the day was playing on the playground with her friends and cousin, as though she doesn't play with her friends on at least a weekly basis (and opposed to the annual event of cake+presents+singing+balloons)

But I'm getting overheated with all this typing. Its FLORIDA fall, after all. Its still 85 degrees.