Friday, September 28, 2007

In the third trimester, I'm far from nausea

I'm being led around by my stomach. Besides the obviousness of my huge stomach preceding me into rooms and around corners, its also guiding all my actions.

Today I was preparing for Tallulah's fourth birthday. She wants a ladybug birthday so I thought I'd go get some real ladybugs-- I'd seen them at Home Depot awhile back. So I go to Home Depot and I ask if they have ladybugs. No, they say. We stopped carrying them a couple months ago. Oh, well, I'll just take a hot dog from the hot dog stand, then.

They suggested I try Target's garden center across the road.
Do you have ladybugs? I ask the garden center.
No.
Oh. Are those soda flavored jelly belly jellybeans?

And they were. Root Beer, 7-Up, Orange Crush, Grape Soda, and Dr. Pepper flavored. Um, yes, please. They are awesome. Of course, pregnancy for no rational reason makes me appreciate soda in ways I never do when non-pregnant. I LOOOOVE Dr. Pepper with this pregnancy. But I don't want a flipper baby so I try to stifle my urge to chug 2 liters daily.

Another amazing candy discovery with this pregnancy? Cherry cordial flavored hershey's kisses. I think I will love these even when I'm not pregnant. Unlike the Dr. Pepper. I usually hate Dr. Pepper-- its a beverage Kent gets when he doesn't want to share with me.

So, a hot dog and bag of jelly bellies later, I'm leaving Target and I have to pass by a Pizza Hut kiosk next to the exit. Ooh, they have little personal pan pizzas all made up, ready for me. No, no, I tell myself. You must resist! And I do. But don't feel too proud of me. I was only able to resist because I knew I had a frozen pizza waiting for me at home for lunch.