Wednesday, September 5, 2007

A Factoid about my Husband

I've brightened up my life. Literally. Well, Tallulah's life.

The bamboo blinds in Tallulah's room snapped their up-and-down string ages ago. Today we hung some light colored curtains that I MADE (oh yeah, that's right, I made something. But don't look too closely at the hems!) to combat the cavelike feel of the room. Apparently, I don't mind making Tallulah play mole or bat-like in her room, but I'm starting fresh with this new baby! Fresh air, natural light, yep, this baby's gonna get the world!

However. In the process of hanging these curtains I made an observation about my husband. Some of the screws in the hanging hardware for the blinds were stripped and I asked him to help me. He did, but when he was done he left the screwdriver, wrench, and leftover screws and stuff on the windowsill next to Tallulah's bed. Not to mention the drywall dust that fell in her bed and on the windowsill which he didn't remove. So I take the tools and put them on the desk in his work area, then go throw away the old hardware. On the way back to her room I notice he had PUT AWAY THE TOOLS. In the five seconds since I put them down in his work area.

Huh, I think to myself. Is this a fluke or are things consistently put away when they end up in his area? Because this could create a whole new style of housecleaning on my part. Clean laundry? Put it on his desk. Dirty dishes? His desk. Ooh, the possibilities.

Of course, I needed the tools again (Hello, that's why I didn't put them away in the first place!) so I go into the tool storage and get the stuff I need, but then I discover another stripped screw. Hmm, the chance for a little experiment.

When he's done using the tools, he places them on the windowsill and goes off to do..whatever and I take the tools and put them in his work area and wait.

And wait.

My experiment failed. Apparently, the clearing of the work area caught him in the midst of his system of cleaning (more on that later-- its very intricate) and was not a new excuse for me to put random dirty items on his desk. Damn.

The windows, however, look fantastic. You don't even notice the hems, its so bright in there!