Friday, May 9, 2008

Happy Mother's Day to me

I'm in the kitchen, it's two o'clock in the afternoon-- waa-a-ay past my lunchtime especially since I was too busy this morning organizing my crew to get out of the house on time to eat breakfast-- I've had Moxie in the sling all morning (she wouldn't have it any other way) and I'm desperate to make some lunch.

Usually I keep some one handed meals in the fridge for just this occasion, but Moxie has been going through a needy phase for the last couple of weeks and I haven't been able to plan ahead. Do you know how exhausting it is to do everything one handed and with a wiggling, crabby, 13 pound weight attached to your chest? Pretty exhausting. I've been multitasking to the extreme and it wears on the soul.

So I'm trying to make lunch and it's not looking good for me. Moxie is getting progressively more pissed off that I'm moving around when what she wants is some relaxed, playing-around-with-some-titty time. As my husband says, Who wouldn't? I work through the screaming for awhile, but finally, I adjust Moxie in the sling, pull out my breast and pop it into her mouth so I can make a sandwich with a side of quiet. Calories in, calories out.

So, in honor of all the indignities, the discomfort, the inconvenience, and the nudity, Happy Mother's Day to me! I rock.

And no, I'm not posting a picture.