Tuesday, September 9, 2008

On the other hand...

the girls have been amazingly cute lately. Moxie is giving kisses, saying and waving bye-bye, and creating her own sign language: banging on the tray of her highchair means, "cut that fruit faster, dammit, I'm HUNGRY!"

And Tallulah's kid logic is fast becoming Kent and my favorite form of entertainment. Like today when we went to the YMCA, we got to a grassy area in the parking lot that was roped off, presumably so people would walk on the sidewalk. Tallulah looks at the rope and, in the same tone I use when I give her choices ("would you like to run to the car or skip to the car?") says,
"should we go over the rope or under the rope?" Then when we got home she farted at the dinner table, looked at us and asked, "wasn't that cute?" When we told her that not everything she does is cute, she let another one rip and asked, "how about that one?"

I know, I know. These are annoying stories found in the back of parenting or religious or old people magazines and amusing only to the people writing the story and related to the kid. But so what? Look at these pictures. They're freaking adorable.