Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Naval Gazing

I was going to apologize for not blogging in over a month or try to explain why I haven't been writing. But I kept putting it off and in the meantime, have been writing other entries in my head like about how fairies have been pissing off Tallulah. But I think, "I can't just write an entry without explaining why I haven't written in a month." And then I think, "But who wants to read a lame entry about not writing? It's like people calling to tell you they're never going to call again." And then I tried to write a non-lame explanatory entry in my head which actually went pretty well because it was two in the morning and I had drunk a bottle of wine by myself. I was clever and witty and interesting. Then I passed out without writing anything down and when I came to, I mean, woke up the next morning all I could remember was something about babies being like pink parasols. Which makes me think I wasn't being as clever or witty or interesting as I imagined because babies are nothing like pink parasols.

So the truth is, I've been going a little crazy lately, the crazy is not yet over, I may or may not write consistently, I may or may not write about what exactly a) is making me crazy or b) I do when I'm crazy because, honestly, I'm having a hard time nailing that down.

Let us proceed with the writing, shall we?