Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Oh crappy tv, how I love you.

Thanks to hulu I discovered that a tv show I watched as a kid is indeed as awesome as I remember it-- even if now the awesomeness is for different reasons.

I watched Fame when I was a kid. (the tv show-- not the movie. I think they said 'ass' in the movie. Or maybe they showed one. Anyway, as a child my mom protected me from ass. Now I'm all grown up and nobody protects me from ass.) We were a household of girls so we also got the soundtrack and acted out all the songs. Basically while my husband was geeking out by recreating X-men storylines, my sisters and I were geeking out re-staging Fame and Brigadoon.

So, watch this scene with the following knowledge:
1. I still know all the words to this song and can identify which character is singing each section.
2. I had a huge crush on the shaggy haired synthesizer player. Those eyes! That smile! His deep and gentle soul!
3. It did not even occur to me to smirk as a child when Leroy wore striped knee socks, a cut-off abdomen baring shirt, and shorts that must have had him tea-bagging all over the set.



And now I have to go. I've got some choreography to practice in front of the mirror.