Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I'm a dumbass OR Cussing, part three

This is how I discovered that my most common cussword is 'dumbass':

Recently at the dinner table while Kent and I talked and Tallulah stared off into space thinking her private thoughts (which I always assume are "Candy. Great big lollipops with the swirly colors all twirled in, purple gummi bears with pink spots....), Tallulah started to whisper "Du...dum...dummie...dumb...dumbass.." then loudly, triumphantly, "Dumbass!"

Forks froze. "Excuse me?"

"Dumbass"

"Where did you hear that?"

"Dumbass"

"Did mom...." "Did Dad..." mutual glaring between the parents.

"Dumbass"

"Ok, ok, that's enough."

"Dumbass." giggle giggle.

Well shit. So we give our patented "hurtful words" speech and spend the rest of the evening hearing about how "somebody else" said dumbass. This is Tallulah's favorite way to get away with bad words. She accuses everyone in the world of saying the word, meanwhile saying the word a few more times.

"Boogey (our dog) called me dumbass! Dumbass Dumbass! He called me Dumbass!"