Friday, December 14, 2007

Pizza face Bonifield

Yesterday I ate a hamburger and fries from McDonald's. This morning Moxie woke up with pimples all over her face.

Cause, meet effect.

The connection between my eating habits and my babies' behavior/appearance is, thankfully, an obvious one. Well, obvious NOW, now that Tallulah taught me all about it with her babyhood. Tallulah had an allergy to dairy that made her scream for hours on end and could only be assuaged with constant nursing. The allergy went undiagnosed for ten months because her doctor and everyone else said, "Babies cry." And because I spent 20 hours a day with my nipple in her mouth so no one realized the extent of the problem.

Poor Tallulah. She was my Starter Baby. Like the car you learn to drive stick shift in but would never own because you know at any minute the transmission is going to just fall off from the mistakes you made.

But Moxie, now Moxie is going to have a blissful life. Dairy? Off the diet. McDonald's hamburgers? No more! Mommy's diet? Limited, but damn is mommy going to be hot. This baby weight is going to fly off. And isn't that what really matters?