Tuesday, July 17, 2007

happily ever after includes pajamas and morning breath

Last week when Kent found me sobbing in the kitchen, it could have gone the way it did when I was pregnant the first time with Tallulah:
"You're crying because there are dirty dishes in the sink?"
"Ye-es" sob sob.
"That's kind of dramatic, isn't it?"
"You ju-ust don't un-un-un-un derstand!!"
"Oh, so this is my fault?"

Ahh, how life has changed.

Last week the conversation went like this:
"You're crying because there are dirty dishes in the sink?"
"Ye-es" sob sob.
"Go sit down, I'll make your breakfast."

And then this morning, he got up early-- usually I get up with Tallulah in the morning-- specifically because he hadn't washed the dishes last night and he didn't want me to see the dirty dishes in the sink before my breakfast again.

Tallulah has lately been looking at our wedding pictures and talking about the day I was a princess and married Daddy Prince Charming. So true, Tallulah, so true.